san diego spousal maintenance modification

Spousal Support Modification

If spousal support was ordered as part of the Divorce Decree or Judgment, either party may have the right to seek a modification of the terms so long as the award was not deemed non-modifiable originally.

Who Can Seek A Modification?

The receiving ex-spouse can seek an adjustment if the payer’s income has risen substantially. Conversely, the payer may be able to seek to reduce or terminate spousal support if the ex-spouse has remarried or achieved financial independence.

From Goldberg Jones RadioIf I Don't Have A Will, Would My Ex Get Everything?
Related ReadingCredit Card Debt And Divorce

Have Questions About Divorce?

Phone Questions Answered By Our Managing Attorney For Free!
Free Case Review
1 (800) Divorce