3rd party custody

Grandparents’ Rights


Under very limited circumstances, courts may enable grandparents or other qualified third parties to petition the circuit court for visitation of a minor child.

One of the casualties of a couple’s divorce is often the estrangement of grandparents and relatives from the couple’s child or children.

Third-party custody cases, whether they involve grandparents or not, are complicated. It is likely in your best interest to hire an experienced attorney. As with most situations involving children, their best interest takes precedence over parental preference and convenience.

This area of family law continues to evolve. Goldberg Jones attorneys continue to monitor this evolution and are prepared to address and assess your custody concerns with respect to grandparents rights.

Related ReadingDe Facto Parenting
Related ReadingGrandparents Custody And Visitation Rights
Related ReadingWhat is the Guardian ad Litem and the Minor’s Counsel?

Have Questions About Divorce?

To Get your Phone Questions Answered at No Charge!
Free Case Review
Attorney Profiles
(619) 243-0888